Hacked By AdGhosT & Tayeb TN & bo hmid

close your eyes and listen Elfen Lied <3

Greets~:AdGhosT-- adel pro tn- Anonback Tnx - A_Ghacker - xvirus -Malousi Foryn - MaxKiller - Nexamos

Hacked By AdGhosT

Hacked By AdGhosT & Tayeb TN & bo hmid

close your eyes and listen Elfen Lied <3

If winter comes, can spring be far behind? » The Peking Duck

If winter comes, can spring be far behind?

No, not if you live in Beijing. Here it is, May 12, and it feels like March 12. Winter here is semi-permanent; you get a couple days of sandstorms to tell you spring is here, and then summer crashes down like a hammer (though it’s late this year). Then you get a couple of impossibly short weeks of incredibly beautiful autumn weather, followed by a lethal frost on or around October 15 and the whole cycle starts over. And I do like it here. It’s just that weather-wise, Beijing is not the world’s most hospitable place. Any reason why they can’t move the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square et. al. to Kunming, the way they moved the huge Dortmund steel plant?

@ @.@:

Ah, yes ferin does. He just has the sense to let us know about it on plus4chan /n/ rather than here on the Duck where his opinions would get him permab&.

May 15, 2008 @ 6:38 am | Comment

“Nanhe, unlike you, ferin doesn’t appear to profess to have a passionate hatred for an entire nation/race/people.”

You haven’t been reading this blog for too long, have you? Ferin hates Americans (although he is one himself)/”Western” people (whatever that means)/women (especially those who are engaged in what he considers inappropriate mixed relationships).

“When hate is all you can give, you should expect to get some in return, if not pity.”

You should tell Ferin!

“I see ferin as someone with a lot of cynicism toward some people, and I hope that cynicism could give way to genuine appreciation of genuine concern and sympathy from genuine people, but I am really not quite sure what to say to you.”

I am not quite sure what to say about this sentence, because I don’t really understand it. Please enlighten me!

May 15, 2008 @ 6:42 am | Comment

@PB

Ah. I don’t know how to access that stuff, but if that’s true, then my bad. But how would that work? Nanhe is obviously not living in China. Wouldn’t ferin have trouble getting along with his neighbors/classmates/co-workers, then? It just doesn’t seem quite possible to love living somewhere if you really hate the people, unless you love living in the middle of nowhere and away from human civilization. You sure he’s not just focusing on certain people like nanhe and Bush?

May 15, 2008 @ 7:03 am | Comment

@mor

How did you guess? Learning more as I read, as you probably did yourself. Hey, I didn’t think nanhe was all that bad, either.

Um…that last sentence, is basically because I see ferin taking jabs at a few people when so many others genuinely care and are sympathizing with those suffering from the earthquake. There are times for harsh words and arguments and fighting, but when people give good will, then good will should be at least noted and appreciated, if not returned. Otherwise conversations don’t really flow too well. I’m just saying that it would be nice if he could tone down the cynicism a bit.

May 15, 2008 @ 7:16 am | Comment

Ferin loves to hate the US and also loves to live there.

nanhe loves to hate China and also loves to earn China’s money.

May 16, 2008 @ 12:41 am | Comment

May 16, 2008 @ 12:42 am | Comment

@Ferin

To what point and purpose would you a)act like an idiot b)engage idiots c)respond in kind?

I must say you had me in stitches with the “theta male” call recently.

Nonetheless, why do it? Stick to logic, knowledge, brains and occasional wit. It can’t lose.

By the way, lots of donations are being made in china for victims etc. Everyone keep chipping in. Now, does anyone really know what HFMD is?

May 16, 2008 @ 6:44 am | Comment

@HFMD

Hand, foot and Mouth disease

May 16, 2008 @ 8:10 am | Comment

@rich

Ooops. Wrong name in last post

May 16, 2008 @ 8:11 am | Comment

“I don’t hate women. Hoes that marry for money don’t really count, they’re the female equivalent of Chinese men who chase their genitals into Southeast Asia and bring back diseases. People like you really aren’t much different from people who abort female fetuses from China’s perspective.”

“The funny thing is is that “ferin” is one of 30 or 40 something handles I have and nanhe is well-established (or least he’d like to think so) so by provoking him I drag his already crappy name through the mud and make him look like a raving lunatic moron.

That’s what’s nice about copying other people’s screennames from different forums and using them as alt handles.”

No offense meant, Lisa, but what were you talking about, when you called Ferin a “thoughtful person” who has “a lot to contribute”?

May 16, 2008 @ 4:21 pm | Comment

Whatever. Thank god I’m not a religious person.

May 17, 2008 @ 4:07 pm | Comment

“Mor, believe it or not, I’ve seen a different side to Ferin that supports my characterization.”

Like what? I really would like to see examples.

“Stuff like this, what can I say? He’s making me look bad. Problem is, I can’t even figure out what half of it is about (the same thing applies to some other posters here), so my brain just glazes over and I don’t even try to parse it.”

He doesn’t make you look bad, but he’s taking advantage of your lenience. I’m not asking you to ban him or delete his comments or “to parse it”. I just want to know what makes you and others (you’re not the only one) think that this guy is THOUGHTFUL AND HAS A LOT TO CONTRIBUTE?

“Check out the top thread if you want more examples of utter incoherence by various posters. Apparently the quake is God’s will. Or something. Making God evil and silly and a pedophile (that was the response to the “God’s will” argument).”

Correct me, if I’m wrong, but I think it was Ferin who called God a “pedophile”.

“Whatever. Thank god I’m not a religious person.”

Whatever. Thank God Ferin is a very thoughtful guy who has a lot to contribute like:

“Don’t celebrate just yet, maggot. It hit a 34% Qiang and 18% Tibetan prefecture so nanhe and his friends will have to feign sadness.”

“I just try to follow Richard’s guidelines, which are that comments should only be censored in the most extreme cases.”

This is what Ferin wrote:

“Sadly that’s not really true, some like nanhe would consider it part of the ‘Final Solution to the Chinese Problem’ and Ivan will inevitably find some way to work Christian/European ‘moral superiority’ into it.”

Slandering other commenters and associating them with the holocaust is not an extreme case then, I guess.

“Compared to the nonsense on some of the Tibet threads, all this is fairly mild, IMO.”

Whatever Ferin says is always fairly mild, but if nanhe crosses the border (and he has several times, no discussion about that) you will cry foul immediately. I hate to say this, we’ve been there before, but yes, there is a double standard.

May 17, 2008 @ 11:33 pm | Comment

mor, as I’ve said before, it is really up to Richard. Both ferin and nanhe have been banned at various times. They are both posting again.

As for the Tibet thread, I was not referring to any specific commenter. The rage and bile there came from all quarters. The stupid comments on these earthquake threads pale in comparison. Which is not to say that they aren’t stupid.

I have a lot more I could say about all of this but I’m late for class as usual.

May 18, 2008 @ 3:02 am | Comment

Sorry, I’ve been gone for weeks. Ferin’s comments, like Nanhe, are often pretty smart. When they are vile and offensive, I’ll delete them as soon as I see them. I don’t happen to think the “final solution” comment you pointed to, mor, was that bad, and certainly not cause for deletion. Stupid maybe, wrong, unfair. But not meriting censorship. I let nanhe slander an entire country, because I think he often has something to contribute, and readers know how to deal with his excesses as most know how to do with Ferin’s.

May 18, 2008 @ 10:50 pm | Comment

There’s a new Chinese Blog at http://transparent.com/chinese/, written by an American in Beijing.

It contains some interesting, thoughtful posts on Chinese language and culture, as well as sample vocabulary and online flashcard vocabulary practice, including native speakers pronouncing the words you’re learning. You can subscribe to it through an RSS feed.

Everyone is welcome to leave comments in the comment area of the blog, too!

May 24, 2008 @ 12:42 am | Comment