A thread by any other name…..

Yunnan boy.jpg

An open thread.

I wish I felt as happy as this Yunnan villager today. What a smile.

Plus he’s really hairy.

February 24, 2006 @ 10:08 am | Comment

¿´¿´ÄãÃÇ, ÏóÊÇһȺºï×ÓÔÚ³ªÏ·.

February 24, 2006 @ 2:41 pm | Comment

Well, the one thing MAJ loves is attention … and (I’ve said it before) he seldom (if ever) believes anything he writies. So reacting to the specifics in any message is missing the point. Better to ignore it. Speaking of which … let’s do that. Enough about MAJ. Now about me … LOL.

Ummm … I’m so important, please pay attention to me, please react to what I say, please please please. Look at moie, look at moie, look at moie. (Say it in a broad Australian accent … if you’ve seen the show Kath and Kim, you’ll know what I’m talking about.)

February 25, 2006 @ 4:33 am | Comment

I agree, eough about Madge. But ifyou haven’t seen the parody site lately, some very clever elves are putting up some incredibly funny comments. There is evidence of genius in that thread.

February 25, 2006 @ 4:39 am | Comment

FSN9, have you been to the Duck Pond yet? You might enjoy it.

February 25, 2006 @ 4:40 am | Comment

FSN9, long time no see. How are you? Please, do not, under any circumstance, associate what’s his name with “Kath and Kim”. “Kath and Kim” is one of the few TV comedies that I actually enjoy watching.

February 25, 2006 @ 5:20 am | Comment

If anybody is interested, I’ve dug out the the review of Chinese military power that was presented to Congress by the DoD last year.

I’ve also got a copy of the quadranual defense review for 2006 as well, if you’re interested in seeing me publish it, leave a not on my blog.

February 26, 2006 @ 8:09 am | Comment

Remember when Bush cycled into that police constable during the G8 summit in Gleneagles and he just laughed it off?
“In Scotland, an accident such as the one at Gleneagles could have led to police action. Earlier this year, Strathclyde Police issued three fixed penalty notices to errant cyclists as part of a crack-down on rogue riders. Legal experts also suggested lesser mortals could have ended up with a fixed penalty fine, prosecution, or at least a good ticking-off from officers.”

John Scott, a human rights lawyer, said: “There’s certainly enough in this account for a charge of careless driving. Anyone else would have been warned for dangerous driving.

“I have had clients who have been charged with assaulting a police officer for less than this. The issue of how long the police officer was out of action for is also important. He was away from work for 14 weeks, and that would normally be very significant in a case like this.”

Link